1. Heat oil in a large saucepan or high-sided skillet over medium-highheat. Once the oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and smoked paprika, and sautéuntil fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Deglaze the pan with sherry, bring to a simmer, and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, seafood paella base, and olives to the pan,stir to combine, and bring to a simmer.
4. Once the sauce is simmering, add mussels, and stir to evenlydistribute the mussels around the pan. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat tomedium-low, and cook for 4-6 minutes or until the mussels have opened (discardany stubborn, unopened mussels).
5. Add cooked pappardelle noodles to the pan and toss to combine with the mussels and sauce.
6. Divide noodles, mussels, and sauce between bowls, and top with parsley and parmesan before serving.